Registration is now closed. You may contact Erin O'Neill at number list below with any questions.
The Idyllwild Arts Foundation is presenting the 23rd Annual Jazz in the Pines Festival in mid-August that will be featuring over two dozen bands. In addition to music, they have vendor and artist booths.
We are pleased to announce that AAI has secured two wonderfully located art booth spaces at this popular festival to give our artists another venue in which to show and sell their artwork. This is a NEW and exciting opportunity to showcase an art piece which will potentially be viewed by 1000's of Jazz attendees over the two days of the festival. It’s an exciting prospect for our artist members.
We are limiting the event to a maximum of 40 artists and all art mediums are accepted. Artists please read limitation below under "Note" section. This is not a juried or judged show, but artists must be an active AAI Artist Member to register. To become a member click here.
This is a collaborative effort with each participating artist lending a hand to run this event. Because of the logistics of this two day event, all registrants must also volunteer to assist in some capacity. Volunteer opportunities are listed during the registration process.
Erin O'Neill is the event chair. Should you have any questions, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 951-659-2668.
- Registration will close on Tuesday, August 16th at 5pm.
- Hanging Pieces: Maximum hanging size for artwork is 24” x 36” or no greater than 30” square with frame included. Artists may hang a maximum of 3 pieces within this designated space. All hanging pieces must be equipped for hanging with D-rings and picture wire. Any not ready for hanging cannot be hung. (Note: Based on size of our walls and layout of the art booth, we will be able to accommodate a total of 32 artists that wish to hang artwork.)
- 3-D and Wearable Art: We will have limited table space and pedestals available for non-hanging art. Sculptures must be able to be picked up and moved by one volunteer. Artists that fall within this category are asked to call Erin O'Neill at 951-659-2668 before registering to determine to clarify any space restrictions.
- Sales and applicable taxes will be paid through the AAI. All artists will be required to submit a W-9. If you already submitted one during the Front and Center Show, you do not need to resubmit. Click here if you need a W-9.
- Please click here to read the event waiver.
- There is a minimum 15% contribution on all sold artwork. The AAI will keep 5% to cover costs with the remaining 10% being donated directly to Idyllwild Arts Academy as a scholarship during our November distribution of funds.
- If art is sold during the event, artist will be contacted via phone if possible. All unsold artwork will need to be picked up by the artist on Sunday between 6pm-7pm. Please plan accordingly (see below location details).
- We will set-up our booths early on Friday afternoon, have the display open for all hours of the Jazz Festival on Saturday and Sunday, August 20 & 21. Tear-down of the booth will follow the concert end on Sunday and/or Monday.
IMPORTANT DATES AND LOCATIONS:
Artwork Dropoff (Friday, August 19th): 12pm-2pm at Idyllwild Arts Academy Library on Campus
Pickup of Unsold Artwork (Sunday, August 21st): 6pm-7pm at Idyllwild Arts Academy Library on Campus