Artist Registration Deadline: Saturday, April 29th, 5pm.
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED FOR THIS EVENT. PLEASE CHECK CALENDAR FOR UPCOMING ART SHOWS.
There is no question that our Artist Members "Got Talent". In conjunction with the Idyllwild Community Center's Idyllwild's Got Talent weekend, our 4-Day Judged Art Show is sure to delight art lovers looking for amazing A-R-T.
Like a Kaleidoscope, the talents of AAI artists will be reflected in their artwork. With all art mediums represented and for sale, the motion and emotion of Idyllwild's art scene will be front and center May 11th-14th.
Kaleidoscope Art Show is a judged art show that will be set up in the loft at Middle Ridge Winery Tasting Gallery. Local art will also be featured at our nine unique gallery and art hot spots. To bring foot traffic to our gallery and art hot spots, we are also looking to have artists working on their art set up at each of their business locations on Saturday, May 13th.
Locations will be open all weekend. Kaleidoscope Art Show Hours will be:
Meet the artist reception will be on Saturday, May 13th, from 4pm-5:30pm. With light appetizers provided by the AAI and wine available for purchase, attendees will get the opportunity to mingle with the artists before heading over to see the ICC's Idyllwild's Got Talent performances at the Town Hall. Reception is free and open to the public.
- Thursday, May 11th (4pm-8pm)
- Friday, May 12th (Noon-8pm)
- Saturday, May 13th (11am-8pm) - reception starts at 4pm
- Sunday, May 14th (Noon-6pm)
Notes for Artists:
- Event is open to AAI artists only. No walk-ins. Online registration is required.
- If not sure what will be entered into show, artist may still register by entering "n/a" during the registration process. With limited space, do not wait to register online.
- Artists that donated a piece to the March 2016 Eye of the Artist will have the $15 entry fee waived.
- Artists will be asked to select a category and to acknowledge the Art Show Overview when registering. Click here to print and read BEFORE registering.
- We will be accepting a maximum of 50 hanging pieces, 15 wearable art pieces, and 15 sculptures (3D).The Art Show Categories outlines requirements for each category.
- Important: The MAXIMUM canvas or paper size of hanging art is 16" x 20". This does not include frame, if needed. All hanging art must not exceed size restriction and must be properly wired for hanging. Other than size restriction, all other details that are in the Art Show Overview are to be followed.
- This is a four-day judged show. While the event is named "Kaleidoscope", this is not a themed show and all art mediums are welcomed. Each artist may enter one piece. Sold artwork may be replaced. If the artwork is sold before the reception, the artist may request that it be left in the show until after the reception. Artist would be responsible for getting art to buyer, if left in show.
- We would like to have artists working on their art at all our galleries and art hot spots on Saturday, May 13th, during the day. If interested, even if you aren't associated with a particular gallery, let us know! (Note: Sorry, you need to register by 4/18/17 if you want be a working artist.)
- We need volunteers to cover the gallery when open. If we don't get enough volunteers, we will have to adjust the gallery hours. Most shifts are 2-3 hours and volunteers would be teamed up.
- The AAI show closes 5:30pm on Sunday, May 14th. Artists may pick-up unsold artwork between 4pm-5:30 that day OR leave unsold artwork with Middle Ridge Winery Tasting gallery under their artist contract until June 4th. Leaving unsold artwork with Middle Ridge is optional. (Note: Sorry, you needed to register by 4/20/17 to select this option.)
- Artists are asked to promote their participation in the show via social media and email. No refunds.
- Important dates:
- Registration Deadline: Saturday, April 29th, 5pm
- Art Check-in: Sunday, May 7, Noon-1:30pm
- Show Opens: Thursday, May 11th, 4pm
- Artists working on art: Saturday, May 13th
- Reception: Saturday, May 13th, 4pm-5:30pm
- Show Closes: Sunday, May 14th, 4pm
- Unsold Art Pick-up: Sunday, May 14th, 4pm-5:30pm (*Artists who sign contract with Middle Ridge do not need to pick-up unsold artwork.)
- Artists are asked to coordinate with other artists, if necessary, to ensure check-in and pick-up times are met.
Event Chair is Shanna Robb. If have questions or would like to volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.