Below is a recommended program, however, you can suggest an alternative visual arts program for local Idyllwild students aged 9-16. Please fill in the details of your preferred program on the AAI Grant Application below.
Beauty in the Detail
Submerge yourself in the endless possibilities of visual art this summer. Whether your preferred medium is 2D or 3D, students will grow and gain confidence in their artistic expression while creating new, originals works. Experiment with different techniques and methods offered by our dynamic faculty, all while expanding your artistry under inspirative pine trees. Students will explore the infinite possibilities of construction and composition alongside a diverse class of like-minded young artists.
Adventures in Art
June 28-July 11, 2020
Student Art Exhibit
Saturday, July 11, 2020 – 9:30 a.m.
This is a summer art camp for the explorer and dreamer. Combining and flowing through mediums, from collaborative drawing and plein air painting, to mixed media collage and sculpture, students are given the space to reflect on the wonders of the world within and around us. Group discussions and prompted writing exercises support students to construct meaningful dialogue surrounding their projects. We emphasize the joy of building and exploration while challenging ourselves to engage with materials and ideas of all kinds using multiple methods of construction.
Day student tuition: $1,880
Lab Fee: $50
Enrollment limited to 10 students.
Faculty: Dani Kantrowitz
STEPS TO APPLY FOR AN AII GRANT FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP
- All details are contained in the fillable AAI Grant Application for Summer School Scholarship.doc
- The AAI will let you know if your Grant Application is approved.
- If approved, you will then Register with Idyllwild Arts using this link: https://www.idyllwildarts.org/summer/teens-kids/visual-arts/#1510079165592-dcd176a3-35c2
- To help with registration, download the Idy Arts Scholarship Application Guide (1).doc
- If you have any questions, call 562 822 5479
Deadline to receive Grant Applications:
January 31, 2020 by 5pm.